Monday, October 14, 2019

65. VIDEO: Noodling

Using the outdoor arena again, Gus is less driven to sniff every single manure pile, and he’s less distracted after I let him sniff those he finds of interest.  He gives me even more, and more sustained, periods of walking in excellent form.  He paces right alongside me, needing just a few brief and subtle takes on the leadrope to keep him light and nimble as we make arcs and turns.  When I hold the lead lightly and openly, and when I match paces with him, his walk gets more limber, relaxed, energetic, and rhythmic.  Dressage donkey!

Along with walking over the wooden bridge, and dunking the basketball there (click here for video), we walk through the arch of breeze-blowing pool noodles, which have replaced the strips of tarp.  Gus was fine with the tarp, but he seems to actively enjoy the noodles, pausing and nosing at them:





No comments:

Post a Comment